Finance Graduate Programme
Finance at Thames Water
The Finance team not only provides critical support to the business; turning data into information for greater insight in decision making, but also produce a range of financial and non-financial reporting to external stakeholders.
We are a diverse business looking for self-driven graduates who are confident stepping into new environments, adding value and whose values reflect ours:
- Reach higher, be better
- Take care
- Passionate about everything we do
- Be respectful and value everyone
- Be proud, be blue
We work on behalf of colleagues and customers across our entire business in the Thames Valley; from Swindon through Reading and London, so you will need to be flexible to move around sites as required.
- We’re looking for real go-getters with a hunger for knowledge and a passion to succeed. Our graduates enjoy influencing colleagues and sharing ideas and creativity. They thrive on working with others, respecting their views and valuing the diversity around them. They are humble and decent and treat others the way they’d like to be treated. They also hold great passion for the industry we work in and our future aspirations.
- We offer you the opportunity to study one of three accounting qualifications; CIMA, ACCA or ACA providing support throughout.
- In addition to study, as a result of the size of the team, we are able to offer a great variety of experience across a number of core specialisms. Gained through three 12 month placements, experiences range from supporting our frontline operatives in Business Partnering through to developing specialist skills in roles such as Tax or Treasury.
- On top of this, all our graduates complete an 18 month core Graduate Development Programme. This is designed around you for the opportunity to maximise your full potential by developing your knowledge, skills and experience to succeed. Core elements of the Programme are:
- Business and personal development modules
- Health and safety training
- A charity business challenge
- Time to Give volunteering days
- Mentoring and buddying opportunities
- From the start we expect you to drive your career and have real impact on the business. To help you achieve this you will have a network of support from managers, mentors and existing graduates.
Life after the Graduate Programme
Our previous Finance Graduates have gone on to enjoy fantastic careers with us, progressing in roles such as, Management Accountant/Business Partner, Finance Analyst, Treasury Manager and Financial Controller. Whatever your preference, one thing is for sure - this Programme offers a variety of opportunities to progress within the UK’s largest Water and Wastewater services provider.
If you’re hardworking with a passion for both customer excellence and numbers, driven to study for ACA, ACCA or CIMA and have a 2:2 expected or achieved in a numerical or business based degree, please apply today.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advise that you ensure your application is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. If possible, you could visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your application checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.