Engineering Graduate Programme
Are you looking for a unique engineering opportunity to gain direct access to world-leading experts through the sheer scale of its major projects?
Our Engineering graduate programme is unique and offers you the chance to learn and develop with a view to achieving your Chartership and potentially going on to be leaders in our business.
You would begin your journey in our Waste Water business and you could be based anywhere across our Thames Valley region; from Reading to Swindon to East London and anywhere in-between.
We will look at your strengths and qualifications throughout the whole recruitment process and place you into the area we think you will best succeed. Your base will change dependent on your on-the-job role placements and career path as you progress to make sure you develop the skills and experience you need.
Our engineering placements vary from working in teams looking at energy and carbon to working on construction sites in ‘hard engineering’ roles. As part of your chartership journey you will be involved in various activities from:
- Designing training
- Attending industry events
- Data analysis
- Project management
- Solution design
- Inspecting assets
- Working with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Health & Safety auditing
- Risk assessment
- Funding processes
- Stakeholder manager
- You will also have time with your chartership mentor to work through your evidence and reports and the opportunity to attend forums with others going through the same process to share best practices.
- We’re looking for Civil and Chemical engineers
- If you have a minimum of a 2:2 expected or achieved engineering degree and an appetite to drive and develop your own career, apply today to shape your future
- Reach higher, be better
- Take care
- Passionate about everything we do
- Be respectful and value everyone
- Be proud, be blue
- H&S and risk awareness
- Understanding of the risk and funding process
- Contractor management
- Project management
- Waste process.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, under own initiative to deliver specified outputs
- Computer literate having knowledge of MS: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and a broad understanding of ECC SAP work Management software
- Good interpersonal skills; effective communicator
- Proactive approach
- Attention to detail
We’re looking for real go-getters with a hunger for knowledge and a passion to succeed. Our graduates enjoy influencing colleagues and sharing ideas and creativity. They thrive on working with others, respecting their views and valuing the diversity around them. They are humble and decent and treat others the way they’d like to be treated. They also hold great passion for the industry we work in and our future aspirations.
- Business and personal development modules
- Health and safety training
- A charity business challenge
- Time to Give volunteering days
- Mentoring and buddying opportunities
- All our graduates complete a 2 year core graduate development programme.
- Throughout, you’ll have support from the managers and mentors in your business area
- The programme has been designed around you to make sure you have the opportunity to maximise your potential
- It has several elements that support you start confidently in our business and develop your knowledge, skills and experience to succeed
- You’ll be joining a network of graduates already in our business and will have all the support you need from day one.