DAI is seeking an Associate Consultant to join our busy European Commission Business Development or EC Framework Team. The position will be based in Apsley, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. Become part of the thriving DAI business, located in spacious, bespoke offices, 30 minutes out of Euston - with excellent rail and motorway links to London and region.
Responding to the needs of our growing business, we are seeking graduates, or candidates with equivalent experience, to join the teams in our busy Business Development or EC Framework Units. This is primarily an office-based position, although there is the opportunity for occasional travel.
- Identification and selection of consultants for project teams
- Research and business development
- Liaising with partners
- Preparation of proposals
- Supporting the project management and delivery of consultancy projects overseas
- The position will be based in DAI’s Apsley office.
- If you have a good telephone manner, can write clearly and concisely and have excellent organisational skills, we would like to hear from you.
- Ability to confidently communicate with internal and external clients/candidates
- Ability to multi-task, often with inflexible deadlines
- Advanced level of MS Office
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and at least one other European language (French or Spanish)
- Understanding of, and interest in, international development
- Demonstrable ability to write technical text
- Highly numerate with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience of working with the European Commission, preferably on Framework contracts, is an advantage, as is experience in a consultancy environment or working for other European donors/agencies
- As a minimum, an undergraduate degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Salary at entry level but commensurate with experience. Benefits include company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
If this role sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business, bidding for and managing donor-funded projects round the world, we look forward to hearing from you.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.