Investment Management Graduate Scheme
Who is the company?
- Our client is a long established, partner-run and hugely successful Investment Management firm based in the heart of Edinburgh.
- The company has over 100 years of experience and assets under management exceeding £100bn.
- Their approach to research, their determination to always look to the long term and their culture drives their success.
- As a graduate trainee, 80% of your time is spent researching.
- You will be collecting information to create your own unique viewpoint, helping you to spot investment opportunities.
- Identifying and understanding the evolution of corporate culture as well as industry and societal trends will require creativity and skill.
- The ability to explore politics, socio-economic conditions and current affairs is crucial and, whilst it can be challenging, it is also incredibly intellectually rewarding.
- Within the first few months you will work with people from all levels of the business, from previous graduates, all the way up to partners in the firm.
- Excellent written and communication skills are key as you will regularly write up your findings and present them to your team.
Why should you apply?
- The firm is truly leading in its field and employs only the very best minds.
- It has a collegiate, friendly company culture with extensive support and training, including for the IMC/CFA qualifications.
- There is the ample opportunity for career progression with almost all partners having started at the company as graduates.
- You’ll be working in the very heart of Edinburgh within beautiful, modern offices.
- An outstanding academic track record is crucial, including being on track to receive at least a 2:1 in ANY degree subject. Undergraduate and postgraduate students alike are encouraged to apply.
- This industry leader needs independent thinkers who are open-mindedly curious, interesting, enthusiastic, and questioning.
- They are seeking resilient individuals to whom research comes naturally. You must be able to cope with uncertainty.
- They are looking for brains and analytics, rather than financial experience or knowledge, so excellent candidates from any academic discipline should apply.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.