Activity Instructors deliver safe and enjoyable activity sessions and an evening entertainment programme to the guests. Activity Instructors play a key role in ensuring all guests have a fun experience.
- Deliver sessions which are safe, structured and enjoyable and adhere to Operating Procedures;
- Adhere to Acorn’s Customer Care & Safety Management Systems;
- Be a positive role model to our guests and promote the Acorn experience & philosophy;
- Fulfil the role with an appropriate level of maturity;
- Play an active role in arrivals / departures under the co-ordination of the Village Manager;
- Undertake other roles on Centre as required, i.e. serving food, cleaning and maintenance;
- Take responsibility for safety on sessions and lead sessions if qualified to do so;
- Assist on the villages under the co-ordination of the Village Manager;
- Eat in the villages and assist with the delivery of meals to our guests;
- Assist with the evening activities under the co-ordination of the Village Manager;
- Supervise the guests throughout their stay to ensure their safety at all times;
- Inspect and maintain activity equipment and report breakages/faulty equipment;
- Complete Centre report forms in line with the job role;
- Take part in staff meetings and de-briefs as required;
- Undertake any training as necessary;
- Carry out night duty on a rota basis;
- Play an active role in the montage and de-montage of the centre if required;
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Centre Manager.
- Customer service focused;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- A strong team player and a ‘Can Do’ attitude;
- Hardworking, flexible & motivated.
Desirable Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience of working in outdoor adventure with young people between 7-17 yrs. old;
- Appropriate NGB coaching qualifications and personal awards.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.