Human Resources Graduate Programme
We have over 35,000 people working for Babcock. That’s enough to fill a town. And like a town, we need our own communications, infrastructure and support. That’s where Human Resources comes in. On this two-year programme, you’ll learn how we support and make the most of our most important asset.
Places on our Human Resources graduate programme for Autumn 2019 are available within our Aviation and Land sectors. You’ll experience placements across our UK business, and in some of business areas internationally. That’s why we ask all our graduates to be flexible and willing to move during their programme.
- You’ll learn about everything from recruitment and selection, employment law and employee relations to bids, management information and project management.
- You’ll see how we work closely with the business to create the strategies that find and retain the best people and develop the skills our business needs.
- Project-by-project, you’ll learn how to support different disciplines in different parts of our business.
- You’ll need to satisfy the Ministry of Defence’s security requirements (and may need to complete a medical assessment).
- We are actively looking for candidates that are flexible and willing to undertake international placements and use their existing language skills to add value to our sector.
- Being able to work with and amongst different cultures and backgrounds is vitally important within our organisation, so please ensure that any language or International experience is highlighted within your CV and application form.
- You’ll need a 2:2 (Hons) degree in Business Management, Law or another relevant subject.
- Once you have sight of the big picture, you’ll have a much better idea of what you want to do with your career.
- We can help you figure that out and provide you with all the support you need to achieve professional status, such as with the CIPD.
- While you work towards that, you’ll enjoy a competitive starting salary of £28k - £30k.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.