Graduate Project Engineer
Provide engineering assistance and support to the Lead Engineer of the assigned business unit / product line in the delivery of projects and programmes and the innovation and development of new products whilst continuously developing own engineering and project management skills to ensure both are current and fit for purpose and relevant to the Company’s dynamic engineering and commercial context.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the range of capabilities of the business units and the functions within them
- Assist with the design, estimating and review of assigned projects work under direction of the Lead Engineer.
- Be part of regular project and programme reviews
- Assist with the manufacture of prototypes and trials
- Maintain accurate, timely records of hours worked on each project.
- Contribute to the production of KPI's and identification of Root Cause analysis
- Provide reports, analysis and research on relevant issues as directed
- Developing test procedures, performing tests and creation of test reports
- Producing a variety of documentation in support of new designs
- Performing and reporting stress analysis of metallic and textile components where required
- Communicating new designs using 2D Drawings
- Creation of 3D Models that reflect new designs
- Recording work completed and learning using suitable means
- Continually improve own engineering capabilities by means of studying technical journals, attending exhibitions, visiting customers, attending courses etc.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, co-operation and high morale
- Comply with health and safety, quality and all relevant legal and company policy and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as required, directed, or needed to achieve business goals and effective running of department.
- Good interpersonal, influencing, analytical and team working skills
- Good planning, organisation and coordinating abilities
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently
- The ability to learn quickly to develop domain knowledge appropriate to the tasks required
- Customer facing skills: good listening and questioning skills to fully understand customers’ requirements and problems, good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills.
- This role is likely to involve travel in UK and possibly overseas and occasional periods away from home so a full driving license and a willingness to travel both inside and outside the UK are required.
- Academically, we are looking for individuals with a suitable recognised engineering qualification at degree level; aerospace engineering would be advantageous but not essential.
- You will have a strong academic record to support this and it would also be beneficial if the successful candidate has worked during or after University which can demonstrate their work ethic and eagerness to develop their skill-set.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Profit related bonus after two years with the business
- Group pension scheme
- Excellent training and development
- Expansive opportunities for progression
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.