Events and Special Campaigns Assistant
Victoria’s Promise is a young, fast growing and innovative not-for-profit charity, doubling it’s reach year on year since inception. Victoria’s Promise’s mission is to eventually fill the gaps in cancer care for men and women of all ages, all across the UK.
Victoria’s Promise was founded in 2014 to fill the critical gaps in physical, social, emotional and practical support for young women with cancer and their families; services helping to improve the chance of survival and quality of life. Victoria's Promise are now looking to start supporting young men and extend their proven services to young women across the UK.
Victoria’s Promise also conduct cutting-edge research with University of College London and provide the latest in health and wellbeing education seminars to schools, GP surgeries and businesses; helping reduce the number of cancer occurrences and recurrences.
- Committed to providing quality work experience for young adults with the opportunity to build transferable skills in a fulfilling, modern and purposeful not-for-profit environment, Victoria’s Promise launched the DLR Internship Programme.
- Victoria’s Promise’s internal projects are categorised into three pillars, DEPTH, LIFE and REACH (DLR) which are designed to support the organisation’s mission. The DLR Internship Programme provides the opportunity for Interns to experience one specialist pillar or cycle through each pillar for a varied and rich work experience.
- This position is for someone with a passion for events, for understanding markets, and for raising funds for a cause that makes a real difference.
- This is a varied role as part of the LIFE pillar, where projects are based around creating outstanding events that help raise awareness and critical funds towards Cancer Research, Prevention and Support.
- Projects also include creating, developing and improving our legacy offering, motivating and innovating our community fundraising campaigns, forging new corporate sponsorship partners (previous sponsors include; BMW, Mercedes, Blenheim Palace and Sunseeker London) and writing powerful Trust and Grant applications.
- This role ensures that Victoria’s Promise can continue to grow their research studies, their prevention education and their support for young women through cancer (soon to support young men). VP simply cannot exist without the funds raised in VP’s LIFE pillar, this role has direct impact and value for this reason.
- The role is based on the ability and passion to organise, facilitate, motivate, project manage and form strong relationships, whilst developing skills in the areas of powerful writing, sales and research. This role is for anyone interested in exploring a career in Events, Project Management, Not-for-profit and/or Fundraising/Sales.
- Team Fundraising Target Per Year: £25,000 (every 3 months) / £100,000 (per year) which will firstly enable VP to start supporting a brand new hospital in Winchester, after-which will enabling VP to extend their services to new cities
- Fundraising Campaigns to include: 3 X Major Events; 12 X Small Event-based Campaigns (e.g. Regular quiz nights); 6 X Grant Applications
- To motivate, invigorate and innovate our community fundraising campaigns
- Create, develop, promote and extend our Sponsorship packages to help hit fundraising target
- Research and develop Trust and Grant applications to raise critical funds for strategic projects
- Assist in creating and continuously improving our brand new Legacies campaign
- Strong academic credentials
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong administrative and numerical skills, and a proven knowledge of IT systems
- Compassion and Empathy
- Recommended Interests:
- Market and Healthcare Research
- Project Management and Facilitation
- Partnership and Relationship Development
- Business Case Creation
- Problem Solving
- Business Growth
- Expenses Paid
Please email your CV with a cover email; we suggest including why you are applying for the role and why you believe you are well suited.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid, and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact email@example.com
Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities:
If you are intending on applying for this funding you must do so by 20th July 2018.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.