Graduate Intern - Social Media and Events
The Solent Graduate Internship Scheme is a fantastic way to gain paid graduate level experience in a supportive and professional environment alongside careers training and support from Solent Futures, the University’s careers and employability service. This could be the perfect stepping stone to achieving your ambitions.
You will assist in the promotion and maintenance of the social media platforms, and in the creation of compelling multimedia content which supports Student Services' initiatives. You will also contribute to the arranging, promotion and running of student support events, including Student 'Wellbees' events.
- Promote and maintain social media platforms for Student Services.
- Create compelling and interesting multimedia content, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Support retention activities and the training of the Student Wellbees (student volunteers).
- Assist and support the Student Wellbees to develop activities and regular events which support students with Wellbeing issues through peer-to-peer mentoring.
- Deliver high standards of support to students via the University’s Student Hub, liaising with other professional services where necessary.
- To contribute to regular team meetings and make suggestions to improvements to services.
- To produce reports when required to enable dissemination of data. To undertake any other duties commensurate with this post as required.
For full details of this job role, please refer to the attachment below.
I’m interested, can and how do I apply?
This opportunity is only available for 2018 Solent undergraduates, who have not previously been involved in any other Solent-funded graduate internship programme.
To be eligible to apply for this post you must be a graduate with an undergraduate degree from Solent University from this year (July 2018) and not studying towards a postgraduate qualification. You need to be available for work from 5 November 2018. This is a 11-month role.
You must be eligible to work in the UK full-time without restriction. If you are an overseas graduate you will need to have a visa that is valid for the duration of the role.
You may apply for up to 3 Solent Graduate Internship Scheme roles.
To apply please complete the attached application form under Supporting documents below, and attach it after you click the ‘Apply’ button of this advert. Applicants who do not complete the application form will not be considered for this post. Closing date is midnight on the 3 October.
We are Confident. We are Progressive. We are Inclusive. We Are Solent.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advise that you ensure your application is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. If possible, you could visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your application checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.