Graduate Intern - Local Music Industry Liaison
he Solent Graduate Internship Scheme is a fantastic way to gain paid graduate level experience in a supportive and professional environment alongside careers training and support from Solent Futures, the University’s careers and employability service. This could be the perfect stepping stone to achieving your ambitions.
You will support the development of Solent University’s involvement in a number of local music industry projects, and promote our students work and success through media and organisational support, in tandem with our in-house organisation Solent Music. Potential projects include the SoNG Network (Solent Networking Group), Independent Venue Week 2019, Guildhall Square Live! 2019, and SO: Music City, together with live music/club and networking events, industry guest speaker talks open to both students and the wider public, and provision/support of data collection, promotional media and social media.
- Attendance and contribution to project planning meetings alongside relevant Solent University staff, and liaison and coordination of projects with local music industry representatives and organisations.
- Supporting funding bids through research and liaison with stakeholders.
- Sourcing and managing student volunteers related to projects, plus web and social media management and content creation.
- Working with students and staff to enhance the reputation of Solent University and its music industry-related courses, including networking events, and to support enhanced recruitment.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with this post as required.
For full details of this job role, please refer to the attachment below.
I’m interested, can and how do I apply?
This opportunity is only available for 2018 Solent undergraduates, who have not previously been involved in any other Solent-funded graduate internship programme.
To be eligible to apply for this post you must be a graduate with an undergraduate degree from Solent University from this year (July 2018) and not studying towards a postgraduate qualification. You need to be available for work from 5 November 2018. This is a 11-month role.
You must be eligible to work in the UK full-time without restriction. If you are an overseas graduate you will need to have a visa that is valid for the duration of the role.
You may apply for up to 3 Solent Graduate Internship Scheme roles.
To apply please complete the attached application form under Supporting documents below, and attach it after you click the ‘Apply’ button of this advert. Applicants who do not complete the application form will not be considered for this post. Closing date is midnight on the 3 October.
We are Confident. We are Progressive. We are Inclusive. We Are Solent.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advise that you ensure your application is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. If possible, you could visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your application checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.