Graduate Intern - Learning and Teaching
The Solent Graduate Internship Scheme is a fantastic way to gain paid graduate level experience in a supportive and professional environment alongside careers training and support from Solent Futures, the University’s careers and employability service. This could be the perfect stepping stone to achieving your ambitions.
You will take responsibility for the administration and note-taking of all SLTI’s (Solent Learning & Teaching Institute) curriculum framework workshops with 27 courses over the year. In addition, you will assist with TESTA data collection, BCUR (British Conference for Undergraduate Research) organisation and promotion, keeping minutes at the RIT (Research Informed Teaching) strategy working groups, and various pedagogic research assistance.
- Administering a complex schedule of day long workshops with 27 course teams.
- Communicating with academics about the curriculum workshop schedule.
- Writing timely and accurate synthesis notes of the curriculum workshops which summarise key decisions about units and course philosophy and structure.
- Providing research assistance for TESTA, including focus groups with students and administering questionnaires.
- Supporting the promotion, selection and communication with students submitting abstracts for Posters in Parliament and BCUR.
- Assisting with the administration of BCUR. Event management skills for SLTCC (Solent Learning & Teaching Community Conference) 2019.
For full details of this job role, please refer to the attachment below.
I’m interested, can and how do I apply?
This opportunity is only available for 2018 Solent undergraduates, who have not previously been involved in any other Solent-funded graduate internship programme.
To be eligible to apply for this post you must be a graduate with an undergraduate degree from Solent University from this year (July 2018) and not studying towards a postgraduate qualification. You need to be available for work from 5 November 2018. This is a 11-month role.
You must be eligible to work in the UK full-time without restriction. If you are an overseas graduate you will need to have a visa that is valid for the duration of the role.
You may apply for up to 3 Solent Graduate Internship Scheme roles.
To apply please complete the attached application form under Supporting documents below, and attach it after you click the ‘Apply’ button of this advert. Applicants who do not complete the application form will not be considered for this post. Closing date is midnight on the 3 October.
We are Confident. We are Progressive. We are Inclusive. We Are Solent.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advise that you ensure your application is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. If possible, you could visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your application checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.