Re:So Store Based Graphic Designer – Work Based Learning
Re:So is a student supplied and student managed retail space in the centre of the city. Re:So was created in 2012 and is a part of Southampton Solent University. We are currently looking for a Store Based Graphic Designer - Work Based Learning.
This placement can be as an option for the 100 hours Work Based Learning unit placement (Fashion courses) or to gain experience in a real world setting and build a portfolio. This is an unpaid role.
Re:So stocks unique products in the categories of fashion, jewellery, art and homewares. The student team that run the store continually update the store interior and organise and work at Re:So pop up events on and off campus. The graphic designer will support with designs for brand ideas and promotional imagery for print, use instore and on social media. Recent graphics have been designed for Re:So at Victorious Festival, an instore Pride t shirt workshop and a Clothes Swap. Work has included full mural design and painting, social media visuals, vouchers, tokens, labels, leaflets and posters.
- Work with the Senior Lecturer Re:So and Store/Co-ordinator/Manager to agree designs and deadlines for promotions and instore/online graphics
- Consider lead times and materials required to realise the designs
- Liaise with Senior Lecturer and/or Store Manager of Re:So regularly to update on progress
- Be based at the store and be a part of the store team. You will be on the staff rota.
- Occasionally serve customers and help at events
- Review design opportunities within the store with the Senior Lecturer Re:So and Store/Co-ordinator/Manager
- Highly organised and reliable individual
- Ability to work independently and organise own time
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communicator
- InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Commercial thinking
Staff work a half or full day including some weekends. We work on an availability basis and ask that once you commit to shifts you work them. Commitment to shifts is essential and staff can swap with other staff if they find they need to change their days. This is the staff member’s responsibility.