Investment Internship Scheme
The eight weeks is an immersive dive into the world of our investment activities which includes insight sessions on the M&G business units to provide a wide base of exposure within the company. Investment interns can also attend investment specific business info session to enhance their learning and ensure they have the opportunity to discuss more day-to-day activities and gain insight into the lives of our highly successful investment professionals. Each intern will have a buddy from our graduate cohort who will provide informal support and promote integration with the M&G family. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend networking and social events which are essential for promoting the work life balance encouraged at M&G.
You will learn from our industry leading investment professionals and will be encouraged to present your own views and ideas. Interns at M&G make valuable contributions to the teams they work in and will be involved in a variety of tasks focused on investment analysis. The nature of the work will vary dependent on the business area and team that you are placed, but through collaboration with your assigned manager there is always opportunity to tailor the internship to things that you already enjoy while remaining open to new and exciting areas on offer at M&G.
Work that previous interns have been involved in includes:
- Performing credit, company and market analysis
- Analysing investment opportunities by creating cashflow models and producing investment summaries
- Sourcing sector and stock specific ideas for funds
You will be placed in a team one of the following areas:
Fixed Income: M&G’s Fixed Income business manages £187bn of assets, predominately for pension funds and institutional investors. The business is home to one of Europe’s largest in-house credit research teams and consistently strong investment performance is delivered by our experienced portfolio managers. We invest in a wide variety of assets spanning public debt and private debt, of which we are the largest investor in the Europe.
Equities: Our Equities business manages over £67.5bn both in the UK and globally across a range of investment styles including income, value and growth. We have a conviction-led, long-term approach to investing and believe that we can deliver the best returns for our clients through active, unconstrained management.
Macro Investment Business (Multi-Asset): The team is responsible for managing a number of funds that invest across a range of assets and can offer customers a diversified blend of equities, fixed income, property, cash and currencies in a single portfolio. The fund managers research the markets and decide how much to invest in each type of asset, making the asset allocation decision on behalf of our customers.
Investment Office: The M&G Prudential Investment Office is responsible for management and oversight of the internal Prudential assets, asset portfolio optimisation and M&G Prudential Treasury activities.
Team placements are determined on skill sets identified during the recruitment process, business needs and individual interests.
Throughout the scheme you will be assessed with a view to making 2020 Investment Graduate Scheme offers upon completion.
Starting: June 2019.
- We are looking for innovators, creative thinkers and hands-on individuals with a desire to learn and who have a genuine interest in financial markets. Candidates who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
- We champion our ideas and are, at the same time, comfortable to have these ideas challenged. Candidates must be able to formulate their own opinions by thinking both analytically and critically about problems.
- We cast our net wide as we want to recruit a broad range of degree disciplines and from diverse backgrounds.
- We are unable to provide sponsorship for internships. However, if you're in full-time education in the UK under the Tier four (General) category, current regulations may permit you to take on temporary employment during holiday periods or as part of your studies.
- If this sounds like you and you have achieved or have been predicted a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree, then get in touch to start your M&G journey.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.