Re:So Stockists Fashion, Art and Homewares – Work Based Learning
Re:So is a student supplied and student managed retail space in the centre of the city. Re:So was created in 2012 and is a part of Southampton Solent University. We are currently looking for Work Based Learning Stockists. This will be an option as the 100 hours Work Based Learning unit placement.
Re:So stocks unique products in the categories of fashion, art and homewares. Current ranges designed by students include:
- Printed t shirts and sweatshirts (Best sellers)
- Fashion garments
- Fashion accessories – jewellery, badges, brooches, scarves
- Art – posters, framed prints and paintings, one offs, greetings cards, postcards, gift items
- Homeware – cushions, lampshades
We welcome suggestions for any new ranges by discussing before production so that commercially viable products are developed.
To take this option as Work Based Learning you will need to:
- Speak to the Senior Lecturer and/or Store Manager of Re:So to agree the range proposal and timescale from concept to delivery
- Assess materials cost and supply own materials
- Liaise with Senior Lecturer and/or Store Manager of Re:So regularly to update on progress
- Liaise with your module leader to sign off hours worked on the range
- Ensure you have a space to work to produce products (there is some flexibility to take a space in the store to do this, but this will only be in trading hours and is negotiable)
- Agree to sell the finished range of products in Re:So whereby the store take 30%-50% commission on all sales
- Tag and price the products ready for sale
- Highly organised and reliable individual
- Ability to work independently and organise own time
- Good communicator
Please note that the Re:So team are not able to act as technical instructors. It is your responsibility to arrange any such requirements. Re:So will be your client and your hours will be signed off by your unit leader/lecturer. If you wish to base yourself at Re:So, the Senior Lecturer or Store Manager will sign off your hours.
There are domestic sewing machines and an overlocker at Re:So.