The role holder will support the administrative activities necessary for the successful functioning of the Discovery & Smokeless team (part of NGP), in a team of toxicologists who carry out toxicological assessments on products, materials and ingredients for use. Activities will include supporting the toxicologists in their day-to-day work in any administrative tasks.
- Manage the Discovery/Smokeless requests, reviewing new requests to ensure necessary information is provided
- Work closely with the toxicologists to understand the requirements.
- Manage the Discovery & Smokeless requests tracker ensuring it is accurately updated and completed in full.
- Manage the update of the information in records logged in the IT database to ensure that all data is as current and accurate as possible
- Lead and manage all correspondence and queries from Project Managers to ensure all necessary information is provided in a timely manner for input to weekly progress updates and monthly resource meetings.
- Manage any required projects and initiatives in consumer product safety with respect to streamlining processes
- Identifies and suggests changes to team ways of working and work instructions for subsequent approval.
- Demonstrated experience in administration
- Proficient computing skills to facilitate use of “in house” database
- Skilled user of Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Good attention to detail with a keen problem solving attitude to enable driving efficiencies for the team
- Good communication, organisational and planning skills.
- Self-motivated, taking ownership of the role and adopting a disciplined approach to ensure accountabilities and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrable a positive “can do” attitude supported by a drive to succeed plus flexibility in adapting to new tasks and changing priorities.
- Bonus target 10% of annual base salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Participation in Discretionary Company Bonus Scheme
- Participation in Company Share Reward Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare Cover
- Eligibility for Company Flexible Benefits Scheme
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.