An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance professional to join the Finance Specialist Team at Eastleigh Borough Council. We are an ambitious and progressive council recognised for our innovation and achievements, whilst delivering high quality services to our customers and the community.
We have a large property investment portfolio and an innovative approach to developing services. To support our ambitions we have created this a new and varied role. You will have a keen interest in money markets and fund management as well as be dedicated to providing a professional finance and accounting service with the highest possible standards of compliance, advice and support. Your main function is to support the Senior Finance Specialist responsible for Treasury Management, arranging loans and ensuring a stable cash-flow for the Council alongside the reconciliation of the Council’s borrowing and lending ledgers and banking arrangements. Taking ownership of the Council’s day to day borrowing and investments will also be part of your role.
• Arranging short-term loans with money market brokers
• Monitoring the short-term loan rates and making recommendations to the Senior Finance Specialist
• Sign off the short-term loans reconciliation
• Assist with the completion of the Treasury Management Strategy and associated reporting
Have recent experience of Treasury Management, preferably in the public sector, including working with brokers and money market funds. You will also have a very a good understanding of MS Office, in particular MS Excel.
Ideally you will be a member of Association of Accounting Technicians or equivalent or be working towards your professional qualification. You will also have good working knowledge of finance and accounting practices, money management and investment management together with strong experience of banking and money lending compliance, regulations and financial reporting.
Key attributes for this role are;
• Strong analytical skills
• Good communication skills with the ability to present complex data.
• Strong commitment to meeting deadlines
• Personal Improvement
• Taking Responsibility and Achieving Results
• Working with others
• Financial and resource management
• Seeks continuous improvement
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system.
• Up to 24/25 days annual leave with additional leave added after 5 years’ service.
• Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional leave per month
• Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
• Places Leisure, Eastleigh – Corporate Membership
• Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
• Car and Season Ticket loans
• Excellent working environment
• Support for continuous professional development
• Good work life balance
• Childcare voucher scheme (subject to Government amendments)
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.