Student Advice Lead
- The Student Advice Lead is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Union’s Advice Service including physical and digital delivery and along with line managed staff will provide impartial advice and advocacy for individuals on issues affecting University of Portsmouth students.
- The post holder will oversee management of service delivery including management of casework, problem solving student and staff issues and ensuring a high level delivery of support to students for academic advice. The post holder will work closer with University services to maintain and improve the triage element ensuring no student is turned away without a point of contact.
- The post holder is also expected to support the development of the Union Advice Centre, working with students, the University and other stakeholders to develop and maintain an exceptional student centred service for the provision of advice.
- We are looking to recruit a dynamic, inspirational individual who is passionate about delivering an excellent student centred service.
- The post-holder will have experience of providing advice and support to clients in an advisory capacity/professional setting, supporting and motivating volunteers and staff and will demonstrate experience in developing and increasing service provision.
- The individual will demonstrate the skills necessary to develop new initiatives and support the delivery of strategic and student led projects that inspire participants.
- In addition, the post-holder will have excellent communication skills, an understanding of best practice in supporting Union representatives, the skills to undertake and present research, analyse data and have the ability to handle competing priorities.
- An understanding of the complex issues faced by students in a Higher Education setting is essential.
Portsmouth Students’ Union has a vision of creating a positive impact with every Portsmouth student during their time at University. As a charity led by our values and guided by our students, we do this by providing wide-ranging services and learner support to the 20,000 students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.5M per annum, employing approximately 60 staff.
The Union is a MINDFUL EMPLOYER® and will ensure that its recruitment activities are mindful of equality and diversity matters.
Interviews will be held on: 9th August 2018
Due to the high number of applicants, if you have not heard from UPSU by the interview date you should assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.