Graduate Trainee Sales Executive
If working for a waste management company sounds unexciting, let us sell you a different perspective. A job where every day is different, where you meet new people and manage your own diary (once you’ve started to prove yourself, of course). A job that encompasses energy reduction, the environment, science and changing legislation, which means reviewing the services being offered to customers.
And a job where the opportunity to progress is one of the best in the industry, because we’re growing and developing new waste innovations and solutions that can help customers achieve their ‘green’ aspirations. We've even been ranked in the Sunday Times Profit Track 100 league table.
And that’s not all. You’ll be part of a vibrant, close-knit team where everyone works together and helps each other out.
Interested? If you can give us confidence, persuasiveness, good time management and self-motivation, we’ll train you how to sell, upsell and liaise with customers. You’ll learn to create your own account base of customers, manage existing accounts and convert enquiries into sales. You’ll make your own appointments to visit clients face to face, and undertake cold-calling. Show us you’ve got potential and your prospects with us are promising.
Your hours will be 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday, although flexibility is required.
- You’ll receive a competitive basic salary, uncapped commission and a Company car (a full driving licence is required for this role), and our attractive benefits include:
- When we do well, we want you to benefit too. So we have a discretionary bonus which is payable annually and dependent on Company performance and profits.
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day of employment. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less than this due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this. As a member of the scheme, from day one you’ll also receive life assurance cover to the value of two times your annual pensionable salary.
- Option to purchase additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period).
- Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare, such as dentist and optician (you pay a small monthly premium).
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7.
- Perks at work reward and discount scheme that covers everything from cinema and leisure attractions to fashion purchases and food shopping.
- Discounted gym membership at participating gyms.
Accepted degree subjects