Graduate Research Executive
Are you instinctively curious?
Why not apply this natural curiosity to a career in research, discovering the new and unexpected? Whether helping brands develop innovative products or advertising, being involved in the evolution of tech or finance industries, advising on the perfect customer journey, or helping to influence government policy - it’s all possible at Ipsos MORI.
If you are intrigued by behaviour, have an analytical mind-set and an entrepreneurial spirit, a career with one of the largest and best known brands in market research could be for you.
Make an Impact
We are passionately curious about people, markets, brands and society, and about making our complex world easier to understand. We inspire our clients to make smarter decisions, offering them a unique depth of knowledge and expertise. We can boldly call things into question, be creative and learn from different experiences through the latest innovative methodologies alongside traditional qualitative and quantitative research.
We believe that what we do is important. We want you to have more than a job. We want you to have a career, by nurturing a culture of collaboration and continuous development, we attract the highest calibre of people who have the ability and desire to influence and shape the future. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible hours, your birthday off and the opportunity to give back to society through our volunteering programme.
Your first year
You will be encouraged to take responsibility from the outset - thrown straight into working on live projects. We have a structured programme providing a comprehensive foundation in research and how it is practically applied in a commercial environment. You’ll be trained in client management, project management and the nitty-gritty of research including methodologies, sampling, weighting and ethics. You’ll learn through real life, hands-on experience, webinars, seminars and specialist workshops. We’ll provide you with dedicated training designed to achieve the industry recognised Market Research Society (MRS) Advanced Certificate accreditation. Working with renowned experts within one of our specialisms: Advertising and Media (Connect), Customer Experience (Loyalty), Marketing, the Social Research Institute or The Reputation Centre (Public Affairs), your day-to-day may include:
- Attending a client briefing and/or presentation
- Liaising with and updating suppliers, clients and project management teams on key deliverables such as project plans, timeframes, updated budgets
- Preparing and updating pitch and proposal documents with the project team
- Checking scripts, data sets, presentations, reports, and deliverables
- Developing awareness of writing inspiring questionnaires, screeners, discussion guides or reports
- Attending or observing group or depth interviews
- Developing understanding of different sampling approaches and weighting
- Developing awareness and understanding of data analysis approaches
- Building awareness of job costing process and the importance of the financial management of projects
- Utilising your analysis skills to look for patterns and stories in the data
We are looking for applications from people who are motivated by working collaboratively, acting with integrity and always questioning.
Specifically, we are looking for people who:
- Have exceptional attention to detail and a meticulous approach to analysing data
- Have strong interpersonal skills – the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Have a ‘right first time’ approach
- Work creatively and think commercially
- Are client focused
- Have a degree (predicted or achieved 2:1) in any discipline
- Fluency in English, any other languages are an advantage
- Permanent and unrestricted right to work and remain in the UK
- 300 UCAS points from three A-levels or equivalent
Accepted degree subjects
- theology and religious studies
- marketing and advertising studies
- business and management studies
- geology and geographical science
- media studies and publishing
- literature and creative writing
- biology and life sciences
- planning and surveying
- pharmacy and pharmacology
- environmental science and ecology
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.