Sport and Physical Activity Intern
Sport and Physical Activity Intern
Responsible for assisting in the coordination, and promotion of activities designed to increase participation in sport and physical activity.
Support the operational delivery of the Active Lifestyles, Walk4Life, and Workplace Health programmes.
Ensure that all programme procedures are followed. Input, and monitor information from sport and physical activity development sessions.
Record key outcomes and indicators effectively to ensure reporting is accurate and delivered on time.
Deploy and supervise exercise professionals, coaches and volunteers appropriately to support the delivery of the sessions and activities.
Evening and weekend working is required and this is subject to seasonal variations.
- Comply with Enable’s finance procedures and processes including cash handling.
- Ensure that income from sessions is recorded and monitored and invoices are processed efficiently. Prepare monthly forecasts to the Senior Officer to review and report on.
- Deploy and supervise exercise professionals, coaches and volunteers appropriately to support the delivery of the Sport and Physical Activity Development Team’s work programme.
- Organise and co-ordinate attendance at community events promoting physical activity.
- Support the production of promotional literature relating to the Sport and Physical Activity Development Team’s work programme.
- Assists with the marketing of all services as necessary including attending events, creating press releases, assemblies, taster sessions, and flyering.
- Attend relevant meetings with internal & external organisations, helping to develop partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders.
- Assists in managing resources provided to support the departments work including coaches, materials, and equipment ensuring these are used and maintained effectively.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of your work, providing regular oral and written reports and performance indicators.
- Ensuring that the quality of service provided to the community is of a high standard.
- Assists with the consultation of participants, sports clubs, youth clubs and community organisations.
- To comply with all Enable’s Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct, and policies and procedures concerning data protection (including General Data Privacy Regulation) and health and safety.
- o be committed to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion for others, both colleagues and clients and maintain an awareness of the equality and diversity policies.
- To work to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected and to report any instances of inappropriate behaviour or discrimination.
- To be fully aware of and understand the duties and responsibilities arising from the Children’s Act 2004, the London Child Protection Procedures and Working Together in relation to child protection and safeguarding children and young people as this applies to your role within the council.
- To be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to children and vulnerable adults in relation to your work role.
- To ensure that your line manager is made aware and kept fully informed of any concerns which you may have in relation to safeguarding and/or child protection.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.