ACA Graduate Scheme
Joining as a graduate you’ll be the future of the firm. To ensure you succeed we’ll provide the training and support you need, coupled with the responsibility and autonomy to allow you to grow. You’ll work with experienced professionals and face the kind of challenges that turn smart graduates into confident accountants. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your ACA qualification. We provide the opportunities you take them.
Being part of our corporate audit team you will need an analytical mind as you work to provide audit and accounting services to a broad range of clients including financial services, technology companies and sports clubs. Your role will involve providing a high quality service to clients in respect of the preparation and audit of statutory accounts.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the objectives of an audit
- Understand and perform basic tests, and complete individual tests from within PROaudit
- Prepare a simple trial balance and identify errors in basic accounting
- Elementary knowledge of double entry
- Assist in the call and cast of accounts
- Understand and act on basic instructions
- Work solely on all aspects of property audits, which are of limited complexity, providing review points to manager
Assist in the preparation of lead schedules and audit work which includes, but is not limited to:
- Completing Statutory sections
- System notes
- Journal testing
- Capital and reserves sections
- Income testing
- Expenses testing
- Follow any reasonable instruction by the Senior on the job
- Perform bank reconciliations and audit bank sections
- Prepare legible and comprehensive working papers
- Demonstrate an understanding of working to deadlines
- Prepare to be out of office at client sites conducting audits as and when required
Starting: January 2019.
- Competent using MS Office
- Team worker
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proven planning and prioritising skills
- Able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Degree educated with a 2:1 minimum (or international equivalent)
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points (300 UCAS points on pre-2017 tariff) or international equivalent, achieved within the same academic year
Accepted degree subjects
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.