Institutional Investment Platform Administrator
The Institutional Investment Team (IIP) currently manages assets under management (AUM) to the value of £5bn. Existing Client relationships for circa 115 Institutional Pension Schemes, 19 Investment Consultants (IC) & 51 Third Party Administrators (TPA’s) with investments being undertaken across a fund range in excess of 230 Funds. With an approximate monthly net cash flow of circa £40m, with new incoming scheme transitions spanning a wide value range from <£1m to >£50m.
The successful candidate will become part of this team and will have responsibilities which will include control of daily administration processes, (in conjunction with regular calendar activities that can be adhoc, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly), production of management information (MI) (daily / weekly / monthly / quarterly). Where appropriate enquiry resolution.
The candidate will be expected to act in line with team, departmental and corporate procedures, policies and service standards. With a strong focus on accuracy, attention to detail, communication (both written & verbal), and quality . Information is sent externally and carries a significant reputational and financial risk if found to be inaccurate.
- Responsibility for, and delivery of, daily administration processes within the IIP team primarily (but not limited to) payment and report generation, valuations and performance reporting, all within given timeframes.
- Responsibility for, enquiry management and resolution related to own responsibilities to the required high level of accuracy, being accountable for the quality of service provided including timely and effective communication.
- Accuracy and timeliness of delivery is a significant aspect of the role.
- The successful applicant is required to work business hours of 9.30am to 5.30pm daily.
- Delivery of service to customers, through occasional email and telephone communication related to the processes within your sphere of responsibility, in line with service standards and key performance indicators including the maintenance of good working relationships.
- Technical competence in all aspects of own function and appreciation of all other Investment Services functions. To include an awareness of Industry best practice in own function and a comprehension of current Investment Services Industry Initiatives.
- Take ownership to control operational processes as specified by your Manager in accordance with procedures and service standards.
- Knowledge of team KPI’s and service standards. Able to report on team’s monthly service and achievements, by way of the production of a suite of monthly and quarterly reports for the team.
- Competent in the use of Investment and Corporate systems relevant to own role.
- Must have an advanced level of understanding of Microsoft excel and word,together with all other Microsoft applications, along with an awareness of all Old Mutual Wealth Investment systems and contingency practices.
- Ensure the escalation of all issues and risk events upon identification, while contributing to solutions and recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Good understanding of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Financial Control Initiative (FCI) within functional area and knowledge of control points or mechanisms to support the department’s commitment to accuracy and quality.
- Awareness of FCA regulations applicable to Investment Services.
- Appreciation of teams Business Continuity (BCP) plans, corporate levels of disaster and critical staff. Able to support own team in testing or during an incident.
- Responsible for undertaking corporate training packages to ensure own knowledge is up to date.
- Create own personal development plan and discuss development needs and training requirements with line manager.
- You may, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature in other teams that fall within your capabilities as requested by your line manager.
- Demonstrating an awareness of and adherence to relevant Risk and Control processes associated with an Investment Services department.
- FCA TCF guidelines considered for all decision making, ensuring the business remains TCF compliant.
- Client Money regulations understood, processes & controls support adherence to regulation and mitigate risk of breach.
- The job holder is expected to conduct the role in line with OM Wealth’s values and competencies.
- Some examples of expected behaviours are listed below, although this list is not exclusive.
- Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
- Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators
- Collaborate with peers across the Organisation
- Share openly and be transparent
- Adopt a responsible approach
- Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Lead by example
- Demonstrate an ability to innovate
- Being a positive and collaborative team player is essential to this role, together with outstanding communication skills
- 5 GCSE’s Grade D or above to include Maths and English and / or NVQ Level 1 – or equivalent.
- Educated to A level standard. (Desirable)
- IAQ qualified or part qualified or CF1 (or equivalent industry qualification). (Desirable)
- Advance and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent Customer Service experience & awareness
- Understanding of FCA Regulatory impacts and reporting requirements.
- Previous investment services experience within a financial services environment. (Desirable)
- Awareness of processes within Investment Services. (Desirable)
- Access to a great range of offers and discounts from well-known retailer
- Season ticket loans
- The ability to buy and sell holiday
- Bonus – most employees are eligible to participate in our bonus scheme, based on the company and personal performance
- Pension Scheme – non-contributory company pension scheme that can be boosted through personal contributions
- Private medical insurance
- A flexible benefits package (eg: dental insurance, childcare vouchers, retail vouchers)