Graduate SAP Applications Consultant
Choose from three routes into our SAP team in Worthing: Project Management, Technical and Functional.
Although it’s not essential, we have found that Finance, HR or Business graduates do well in the Project Management and Functional roles, while graduates with IT or STEM degrees do well in Technical roles. Please be aware that if you’re applying for a Technical role, we’d like to see you demonstrate an understanding of software development life cycles and solid technical awareness, with previous coding experience.
- Work closely with Project Managers
- Understand the commercial models under which we work
- Attend various project meetings and workshops
- Understand the financial cycle of a project
- Excellent communication skills
- Real enthusiasm for the challenges and opportunities we offer
- Passion for technology, desire to build an IT/SAP career
- Curiosity and willingness to challenge and be challenged
- Flair for solving problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Appetite to continually develop skills
- Happiness with working location
- Support the team in ensuring a reliable, consistent operation of the SAP Systems
- Resolve and diagnose tickets
- Work to deadlines and know when to escalate potential problems
- Follow the Agile Methodology
- Gain knowledge and expertise in specific SAP modules
- Support the Live Services team by:
- Resolving incidents identified by end users
- Working with the client to understand and diagnose new issues, as well as potential issues which may arise in the future
- Working with the development team to implement fixes
- Reporting to service delivery managers on deliverables
- Support the Project team by:
- Attending and facilitating workshops
- Working with the client to clarify requirements
- Creating/updating project documentation
- Testing new developments
- Understanding the project lifecycle and agile methodology
- Location: we’re on the South Coast, just a stone’s throw away from the beach, and we’re located next to a mainline station, with great transport links into Brighton’s vibrant centre.
- Onsite: we offer ample parking and an onsite gym.
- Development: We provide a strong training programme, learning support and a designated learning mentor.
- Social: We arrange many local social events, giving you access to Worthing’s large graduate community.
- Progression: we offer long-term career progression, with several performance reviews throughout the year, giving you a framework for quick progression, and the opportunity to demonstrate your achievements.
- Corporate Responsibility & Sustainability: we’ll give you multiple opportunities to get involved with the extra activities we call ‘Giving Back’, which means you’ll be involved with fun and charitable events, from the Palace to Palace cycle ride, to beach cleans, careers fairs, football tournaments, and much more.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and if you are invited for interview to arrange for a mock interview.
Please note this opportunity may close earlier than on Solent Graduate Jobs.