Southern England Local Partners is a European Affairs network for public sector stakeholders with an office in Brussels. Established in 2007, our partnership comprises key Local Authorities, Universities and business intermediaries from our area interested in pursuing their European objectives. An opportunity has arisen for a talented intern to work in the Brussels Office from this autumn for a period of up to ten months.
Commencing September for eight to ten months (September 2018 – April/June 2019).
- This role is likely to suit someone seeking some work experience having completed a bachelor’s or master’s course in politics and international relations, European studies, modern languages, or social sciences generally.
- The purpose of the role is to acquire new skills to support the Brussels Office to take forward key activities from the Action Plan. Specifically, the person will support the office by gaining training and experience in how to monitor and demystify EU policy developments and the evolving Brexit situation.
- The intern will learn how to provide administrative support to the Brussels Office by:
- contributing to the production of the fortnightly newsletter
- attending meetings/events in Brussels and writing up notes
- collecting information for partner searches
- dealing with enquiries from our subscribers in the UK
- liaising with other regional/strategic partners in the building
- updating the website
- building a database of key contacts
- strengthening our social media presence specifically through Twitter
- working with key clients to develop project opportunities
- support to updating marketing materials
- This post carries a monthly stipend of £1,000 up to a maximum of ten months.
- SELP can provide support in terms of helping to find accommodation in Brussels.
- Expenses incurred such as travel to meetings will be reimbursed. The office will be closed between Christmas and New Year and UK public holidays are observed.
If you are interested in applying to work in a challenging environment, please send your CV and letter of motivation by email with “Intern” in the header.