Marine Data Analyst
We are looking for a dynamic graduate to join our successful team as a Data Analyst, primarily focusing on the analysis of data from marine “black box” recorders, which are fitted to ships in excess of 3000 Gross tonnes worldwide.
The role will mainly involve extracting, merging and calibrating data from various proprietary formats, so that it can be replayed and analysed using Avenca’s MADAS software (which is used by National Accident Investigation Authorities around the world); and then liaising with the customer to ensure that the required form of analysis is performed.
There will also be opportunities to get involved with the specification, development and testing of the highly innovative analysis software and systems which Avenca develop, and the training and support of customers in the use of our software and systems.
- An eye for detail
- A high degree of computer literacy (particularly with the use of Microsoft Excel)
- A degree or similar qualification in a technical, scientific, or software/computing-related subject
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
An interest in, or experience of, any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Marine Navigation, Electronics, or other Marine/Naval experience
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Acoustic signal processing
- Model-based analysis, and/or Data Mining
- Forensic data analysis
- Software Design and Development