4 days left
- Full Time
This is an excellent opportunity to further develop your knowledge of construction design from a team who are committed to your personal and career development.You will produce working drawings/design under supervision in accordance with the specifications received from the client and amendments agreed at pre-order stage.
- Attend training courses as set out in your training and development plan
- Production of working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the customer and amendments agreed with the customer at pre-order stage. Ensuring that drawings are within the cost budget of the estimate and that there are clearly defined methods of construction, setting out requirements and materials used.
- Developing an understanding of roofing, cladding and glazing systems.
- Ensuring that all project information received from the client is appropriately transmitted to the relevant department.
- Producing and maintaining a contract design file
- Submitting designs for internal review and then on for client approval
- Organising delivery of samples required by the client and obtaining approval of samples.
- Working within a company CDM design procedure.
- regularly liaising with other departments, Buying, Estimating, Quantity Surveying and Site Managers.
- Chasing and requesting of outstanding information from clients.
- Producing flashing schedules, procurement schedules and fixing lists in sufficient time to allow for internal review and checking procedures and to meet manufactures delivery dates.
- Production and issuing of operation and maintenance manuals.
- Developing an understanding of the principles of building design, construction and associated services.
- Sending e-mails, letters and making telephone calls in order to obtain all the information necessary.
- Photocopying and distributing contractual information to internal departments.
- Keeping daily timesheet records of contracts worked on for billing purposes.
- providing support to Design Manager and all members of the team.
- You will have a degree or equivalent, ideally in a design related subject.
- You will have high standards of numeracy, oral and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate a capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and on own initiative.
- To make the most of this Graduate role you will need to have passion for modern construction projects, be pro-active in your learning and resilient within the working environment.
- You will be someone who takes ownership for their work and be able to represent the company's interests in a tactically appropriate way. The successful candidate will have impeccable communication skills as this role will involve extensive communication internal and external customers.