People Operations Champion
What we need in a nutshell
An essential part of our team is the people. You will assist our Head of People Operations to build and develop our amazing team of Holiday Heroes and make Away Resorts an even more amazing place to work.
Some of the background
We're not your average holiday company. Our guests come to our UK resorts to experience a world away from their day-to-day. When they are with us, they play crazy games, enjoy show-stopping entertainment and live in the moment. Our job is to surprise and delight them at every turn.
We need you to be the person who delivers delight by making sure we have the right people, that they are trained and motivated and that our friendly, can-do culture shines through in everything we do. You will attract, recruit and train new staff, look after our policies and communications and champion best practice.
Reporting into the Head of People Operations and as part of our slightly bonkers team of holiday heroes, you will:
- Help to attract and recruit new Holiday Heroes
- Look after our settling in packs, making sure new recruits feel welcome and motivated
- Support managers to recruit, train and manage their teams
- Review and maintain our policies around health and safety and inclusion
- Drive our communications strategy to ensure everyone feels part of the team
- Assist with the management of our regular staff surveys
- Assist with the HR admin load and reporting requirements
Do you have the following? If, so let’s hear from you.
- A good general level of education
- A minimum of one-year placement or work experience in an HR team
- The ability to organise your own time and workload
- Outstanding communication skills – able to adapt communication styles and behaviours
- Resilience and decisiveness under pressure
- A willingness to travel and be away from home
Nice to have but not essential:
It would great if you can tick these boxes too (but we won't hold it against you if you can't):
- CIPD Level 3/5 or wishing to complete these.
- Degree with an element of HRM
- Experience of working collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals
- Experience of working in the hospitality sector
Want to join our team? Here's how to apply
Click on the Apply Now button. If you're new to our website, we'll prompt you to register. If you've already registered, you can simply log in. Then complete your details and send us your best version of you. That could be a vlog, blog or a Snapchat story; it could be a good old CV. Whatever makes you feel good and tells your story best.