Teaching Roles in China
Recently graduated and seeking a rewarding international graduate role? No matter the subject of your degree, kick-start your graduate career with the role of a lifetime, by living, learning and teaching in China!
Opportunity China’s partner schools seek dynamic, inspiring and ambitious graduates for teaching positions with September/October- December start dates. All schools provide structured orientation, training and support for all new teachers in China.
- As a teacher in China, you will be conducting lessons in a small class format, with students aged between the ages of 4-14, giving you the opportunity to get to really understand the needs of, and take pride in the progress of every pupil.
- You’ll need excellent communication and presentation skills, be able to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities, and have the ability to hit the ground running.
- Deliver well planned lessons based on the school’s curriculum
- Encourage children to practise spoken English
- Provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work
- Facilitate learning for students and build their confidence
- Use a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning, and engage student interest
- Perform general administrative functions
- Ensure that students are safe and monitored
- Involvement in curriculum development
- Attend and participate in staff department meetings, workshops, curriculum planning and special school events
- Undergraduate degree in any subject area
- TEFL/ TESOL certification (*can be completed if successful*)
- Fluent English speaker
- Excellent communication skills, able to use initiative, friendly personality
- Any teaching, tutoring or coaching experience would be beneficial
- Apartment provided or accommodation allowance
- Flight reimbursement
- Airport pick up
- Work Z visa provided
- Between 4 -6 weeks of annual holiday allowance