Trainee Broker/Supply Executive (Marine Fuel)
World Fuel Services currently requires a Trainee Broker/Supply Executive to support its established team in Gibraltar with marine fuel sales and supply!
Do you have a desire to initiate and build a career as a Broker/Supply Executive in marine fuel sales? If so, why not put your skills to the test within one of the world’s leading marine fuel suppliers!
The Trainee Broker/Supply Executive will be responsible for providing supply support to the existing marine fuel Brokers and have responsibility for the management of supplier relationships, and developing new supply opportunities with existing and new suppliers.
World Fuel Services is a Fortune 100 company and a global leader in fuel logistics, specialising in the marketing, sale and distribution of marine, aviation and land fuel products and services. Recognised for being the World’s leading provider of marine fuel, this is a unique opportunity to join an expanding team.
The position would suit a candidate who has strong negotiation skills, relationship management skills and analytical ability.
- Actively negotiate daily requirements in designated supply area.
- Proactively develop new business opportunities from new and existing suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to secure contracts with terms beneficial to both parties.
- Analyse and disseminate appropriate market and demand information to identify new business opportunities and maintain port demand profiles.
- Frequently visit existing and new suppliers.
- Maintain a database of active customer targets and prospects.
- Be a reliable point of contact for customer requests and transactions.
- Maintain the Port Demand Profile for certain ports.
- Assist in operational/logistic support where needed. These activities include supplier service, fuel delivery coordination, claims resolution and ensure optimal customer satisfaction.
- The successful candidate is likely to have sales experience or a desire and passion to initiate a career within commodity sales.
- Knowledge and experience of the shipping industry, particularly gained in marine fuel sales or procurement or within chartering and shipping operations, is desirable but not essential.
- A desire to sell to and support the shipping industry is essential.
- The ability to speak and write fluently in both English and Spanish is essential.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail are essential.
- Strong organisational skills and strong written and oral communication skills are essential in order to respond to all enquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of the Microsoft office suite is essential.
- Experience of inputting data quickly and accurately is essential.
- The desire to succeed and develop within a fast growing global company is essential.
- A graduate qualification in Shipping, Finance or a similar field is desirable.