CAD Draughtsman/Junior Design Engineer
Ribeye Ltd are seeking a talented and enthusiastic CAD Draughtsman to join our family run and hugely successful team in Dartmouth, Devon.
This exciting role will see you work as part of our growing design team, assisting with a multitude of CAD models and drawings for both production and custom boats. This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be able to see your design work from initial concept to finished product, often under tight timescales.
- Responsible for creating accurate 3D models and production drawings of new parts styled by the design team.
- Keeping master GA’s and production drawings up to date with design changes.
- Producing BOM’s for new parts/assemblies.
- Dealing with external suppliers to ensure designs are built to stock materials, within budget and supplied on time.
- Working with the design and fit-out teams to draw up production templates, dashboard layouts etc to improve accuracy of fit-out.
- Fluent in 2D and 3D CAD, preferably Rhino 3D and Solidworks
- An understanding of materials and production techniques (mostly GRP and Stainless Steel).
- Experience in using Keyshot rendering software.
- An exceptional eye for detail.
- A confident communicator; both with clients and colleagues.
We are offering a permanent role and a successful candidate will have completed a design-based qualification (i.e. degree or equivalent). You will be able to apply strong core design and communications skills, liaising directly with the design team and suppliers.