Go Think Big Project Coordinator
Young people are facing huge challenges today. Youth workers offer them the support they need, equipping them with the practical skills to be resilient and contributors to the economy and society. The NYA is the national body for youth work in England. We believe investing in young people’s personal and social development helps them overcome challenges and reach their potential. We want to ensure young people get access to the youth workers they need, so we seek to secure youth work through policy and advocacy; supporting youth workers to do their jobs better and; securing new resources.
The National Youth Agency is at a very exciting point in its development. You will join a committed, lively team working together to transform the lives of young people through the power of youth work. We are seeking a Project Coordinator to join our Go Think Big team based in London.
The role will be responsible for working in partnership with O2 to deliver our flagship youth programme Go Think Big, which supports young people to develop a positive mindset, to help them transition into the world of work and realise their potential. We place a strong focus on helping young people to develop the 21st century skills needed to get on, through work experience, campaigns, innovative partnerships and empowering young people to take a leadership role in using digital technology to drive positive social change. Since 2012, O2 youth programmes have helped over 1 million young people gain digital, enterprise and work skills.
The Projects Coordinator role is important to the delivery of this programme, working closely with the Opportunities & Training Manager to support the delivery in line with O2’s visions and objectives. This role will encourage social action project applications from young people alongside Go Think Big campaign activations on key themed areas, as well as delivering training directly to young people.
- To encourage young people to explore social action and to submit project applications through facilitating ideation sessions
- To take the lead on supporting the journey of a project leader from application stage through to project approval and completion
- To be the daily point of contact for current and prospective project leaders
- Identify and liaise with organisations to promote project activity in line with campaign activations
- To lead on designing content and facilitating innovative, interactive training sessions for each cohort of project leaders
- Work with the Opportunities & Training Manager to ensure relationships are developed and maintained with delivery partners
- To work with the Opportunities and Training Manager to report on and evaluate each project cohort
- Highlight case studies to the Engagement Coordinator and ensure successes are celebrated across the programme
- Ensure all data relating to approved projects is correctly recorded to support KPI reporting
- Ensure effective record keeping on communication with project leaders is recorded
- To manage the process of ordering and monitoring project money cards for project leaders
- Support all programme activity and events where required
- Ensure there are opportunities for employees from O2 to engage with the programme where possible.
- Identify opportunities to innovate the programme to help young people and live better with tech
- The post holder may be required to attend events and conferences across the UK.
- The post holder should remain an NYA Brand Ambassador, promoting our extensive brand throughout their employment as well as networking at events and conferences on behalf of the NYA.
- The post holder will have access to confidential information and is expected to ensure that the highest level of confidentiality is maintained at all times.