VP Welfare & Community
The Students Union is looking for a committed, dynamic student (or graduate) to play a major role in improving University services and opportunities for Solent students developing and providing student representation to the university.
The role of VP Welfare & Community involves representing students on all matters relating to student support, health, safety, wellbeing and representing students in the community. You will work alongside the University and other external bodies to address areas of improvement in all matters relating to student health, safety and wellbeing.
2018 is a particularly exciting time; with the Student Union entering into a new strategic plan, which presents a real opportunity for the successful candidate to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the Students’ Union.
- Representing students on all matters relating to student support, health, safety, wellbeing and in the local community.
- Sitting on Extenuating Circumstances panels to ensure students have the opportunity to defer assessments where necessary.
- Identify and raise any health, safety or wellbeing issues relating to students, and running campaigns to make improvements to student experience.
- To be the lead representative of the Union on matters concerning the external community
- Trustee and Director of the Students’ Union.
- To attend local and national conferences, training events and meetings as required.
- Enrolled in a course at Solent University in the 2017-18 academic year.
- A passion for student representation.
- A desire to make a difference for students within the university.
- Enhance your CV with a unique experience.
- Salary circa £17,000
- Generous holiday package (27 days plus bank holidays and University closure days)
- Interest free travel loan
- Flexible working
How to Apply
In order to become VP Welfare & Community you need to be a current student at Solent University and to be elected by the current student body to represent them. Nominations for the election close on the 15th of June and voting will take place from the 15th-21st of June.
To apply, simply submit your nomination on the Student’s Union website before the 15th of June 2018.