Graduate Software Developer
1 day left
- Full Time
We offer a unique experience for those with exceptional talent, extraordinary ambitions and forward-thinking ideas. The CIC is place for people with real enthusiasm and a passion for IT, a place for those who want a challenge, ask questions, and explore what’s possible.
- As one of the world’s largest, and most innovative, companies we deliver top-notch services using cutting-edge technology, so your skills count!
- Working for the client innovation centres involves working in partnership with our clients throughout the UK.
- This includes working on projects designing and implementing technology providing a platform for our clients to build on to improve their business.
- This platform created cements the partnership between the client innovation centres and our clients.
- This relationship is ‘essential ‘to our business and being ‘essential to our clients is what we pride ourselves on.
- The role involves development, test and maintenance of innovative software for use in diverse business sectors, including finance and the public sector.
- Development will be for specific systems or a range of computer platforms and mobile devices.
- Successful candidates will participate in design, build, test, deployment and support using object-oriented programming languages and testing tools to deliver a range of solutions for front- and back-office enterprise, mobile and web-based applications.
- IBM Client innovation centre Hursley will provide a seven-week intensive training plan that gets you project ready. We then ensure support with on the job learning and ad hoc classroom training based on needs throughout the 23 months. We will provide you with career coach and access to IBM’s 1000’s of courses via our learning portal.
- The Early Careers HR Business partner and your career coach will help to guide you and hone your skills in order to carve a career within the CIC and support you through promotion rounds.
- We at IBM CIC are giving successful candidates the chance to work across sectors, with varying technologies and access to the best knowledge in the business.
- Travel flexibility is important to us as our clients often like to work with you face to face.
- You will be expected to travel throughout your employment, so we are looking for explorers, those people who are willing to go the extra mile for our clients (quite literally) If you are not willing to travel to projects, then we won’t be able to consider your application.
- Build software from high level design
- Component test software to verify correctness
- Adapt software and react to change
- Support testing and implementation across the software delivery life cycle
- Ensure software is fit for purpose through defect and vulnerability detection
- Manage and maintain test results, defects and resolutions
- Demonstrate an interest in Agile methodologies and how they may be applied
- Demonstrate an interest in DevOps
- Most importantly demonstrate a passion for IT, technology and innovation, a thirst for knowledge and an interest in up and coming new technologies and trends
- We’re looking for people with a degree in computer science or related subject. We’re equally interested in people with degrees in another subject that demonstrates logical thinking.
- We typically ask for a 2:2 or above, however, if you don’t have a 2:1 degree and believe we shouldn’t miss out on your skills and experience, convince us.
- As well as a competitive salary and a career in a world- leading IT organisation, we also offer a number of additional benefits! As an employee at the IBM CIC UK, you will receive access to our Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, as well as discounts at leading high street and online retailers. Our offices are modern with agile work spaces, with the addition of flexible break out areas including table tennis and arcade games.
- As the CIC is very much an employee focused environment we are proud of our employee training programmes. As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to undertake a multitude of training courses with an extensive range of classroom, e-learning, interactive and video courses.
- With our support, you will have the opportunity to acquire industry recognised qualifications, gain valuable experience with globally renowned companies and work with industry leading technologies. If you are as passionate about IT as we are, this will hopefully excite you as much as it excites us.
- Working in a consultancy environment, you will play an integral part of a variety of exciting projects across a range of sectors.
- Projects will vary in size, location, and length, some will be a completely new initiative for the client others will be part of an existing major programme.
- Each project that you work on has its own unique working environment enabling you to build up your network as well as your skills. Every project is different, and our employees really value the variety of the roles.
- As part of the CIC, you will have the opportunity to travel to client’s sites and other IBM and CIC centres across the UK, sometimes even further!