Systems and API Developer
We’re seeking a driven C#.NET developer to join our in-house team and take a key role in the development of Abel & Cole’s Operational Systems, covering Warehousing, Logistics and Customer Services.
Our internal systems are completely bespoke, designed by a dedicated team of systems developers who forge close relationships with all parts of the business to understand the unique challenges and opportunities of our supply chain and delivery model. We deliver constant updates and improvements and lead the design of new tools. We enjoy the freedom to innovate whenever we identify a problem we can solve.
As part of a growing development team in an established company, this is a highly varied role, requiring a mix of business analysis, design, implementation and incremental delivery to business users. Interaction with non-technical staff and cross-functional teams is vital to ensure that new systems continue to delight users and contribute to the continued growth and profitability of Abel & Cole.
As our business continues to expand, we’re looking to the cloud and the interoperability of our systems both internally and with third parties. The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping design and implement these interfaces
- Work under the direction of the Systems Architect and Senior Developers to design, build and maintain core business systems across a variety of platforms.
- Engage with end-users to understand requirements and refine solutions.
- Refine user stories, plan and track progress of tasks and monitor risks.
- Present ideas, estimates and plans effectively to the rest of the team, to story owners, managers and directors.
- Demonstrate, document and train internal users and others with respect to prototypes and new features developed.
- Maintain the performance and responsiveness of systems; identify opportunities to improve maintainability and re-factor.
- Identify opportunities for future development; research into products and technologies that will enhance the function or performance of systems.
- Adhere to strategy and implementation standards as set out by the Systems Architect and Systems Lead.
- Provide Out-of-Hours support for key systems, responsibility shared across the development team.
- Proven C#.NET experience.
- Good Object-Oriented Design skills.
- SQL development skills, ideally T-SQL.
- Analytical, methodical, but creative.
- General understanding of version control (Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc)
- Experience building/maintaining WebAPIs, preferably using .net/ MVC
- Experience of Agile development. (Desirable)
- Experience of DevExpress, WPF, XAML other GUI tools/frameworks would be an advantage. (Desirable)
- Experience in developing for portable devices (anything from Windows CE to Android/iOS). (Desirable)
- Experience of working in Retail or Ecommerce businesses. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery / Continuous Integration practices. (Desirable)
- Good communication skills with high standards in visual, written and oral communication.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both technical and non-technical team members.
- An eye for good GUI design and a passion for delivering a good user experience.
- Disciplined and independent personal management skills - can work to deadlines and standards with a minimum of supervision when required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; able to find innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems, with the curiosity to challenge requirements.
- Strong Initiative with a desire to improve and progress established systems.
- Commitment to a hard-working, ethical and professional culture within a growing company.
- Strong desire to develop personal skills through knowledge of new development methodologies, technologies and industry developments.
- 22 days rising to 25 with service
- Free weekly fruit and veg box
- 35% staff discount
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bicycle scheme…