Directs and manages a full area within Operations, setting standards for assignments and applications. Responsible for supporting the business and ultimately the client. Provides effective management to teams and gives guidance to others and key business users. Provides management for areas within Operations and the team in planning, budgeting, oversight and documentation of all aspects whilst meeting the goals of the department.
- Ensures the daily operations of the organisation progresses smoothly.
- Liaises with different departments, interacting with other managers on different areas in the organisation.
- Communicates effectively with all the stakeholders to avoid any probable escalation for the assigned tasks.
- Co-operates with other Operations teams internationally to ensure processes are joined-up and international requirements are fulfilled to help overall utilisation and resourcing objectives.
- Works with the business to ensure utilisation targets are managed. - Provides effective line management and coaching to resources.
- Works with Client Engagement, Service Management and Sales to provide suitable resources to appropriately fulfil client engagements.
- Plays a key part in the development of services, encompassing the specific skills that the business needs to fulfil client opportunities and services SQS are looking to provide to the market.
- Provides on-site support at critical times or during initiation phases of projects.
- Selects employees to support Sales and Client Engagement with new business activities in new name accounts or new opportunities in existing accounts.
- Oversees the activities of consultants who are not engaged at client sites and works with the market unit to find billable opportunities for them.
- Facilitates the rotation of staff to ensure career plans are advanced without impacting the client engagements.
- Works with Client Engagement to ensure the onsite resources are delivering to the agreed engagement terms.
- Work in partnership with other Job Families to ensure that client engagements are accurately reported.
- An graduate degree or equivalent experience
- Additional course or certification
- Project Management Qualification
- One or more industry certifications