Finance and Central Administration Assistant
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Finance & Central Administration Team.
- The post holder will be part of a small team and provide support for staff within the Union with various financial, HR and general administration queries and supporting the Finance & Central administration activity with a wide variety of tasks.
- The successful candidate will be experienced and demonstrate excellent attention to detail in all areas of the role (including, but not limited to, checking flexi sheets, updating of group budgets, providing financial information to staff, clerking)
- They must have financial experience, preferably with knowledge on a cloud based accounting package.
- The perfect candidate will need to work well with the job sharer and organise appropriate hand over of work load.
- The nature of the role requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who enjoys a challenge.
As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and has close to 8000 members of sports clubs and societies.
Closing date for applications: 18th June 2018 (midday)
Interviews will be held on date: 9th July 2018
How to apply
Completed application forms should be emailed before the closing date.
Please quote the job title or reference number in the subject.