Project and Groups Administrator
The University of Portsmouth Students’ Union is a vibrant, forward thinking organisation with a vision of “delivering a positive impact with every Portsmouth student”. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Projects & Groups Team.
- The post holder will be the primary point of contact for all student group enquiries.
- They will support the requests of student societies, participative sports, media, volunteering and fundraising groups.
- They will administrate the day to day processes of the department, such as email enquiries, health and safety record keeping, asset management and other administrative processes.
- The post will support the Student Group Coordinators to ensure the best possible levels of service are maintained for all student groups within the organisation and the best development opportunities are offered to these groups.
- The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion for student activities and a keen interest to support Student Groups in their day to day activities.
- They will have strong communication skills and have experience being the first point of contact in a student facing environment.
- The candidate will be highly organised and be comfortable managing a number of competing responsibilities and working in a high pressure environment.
As a charity led by its values and guided by its students, the Union provides wide-ranging services and activities for the 20,000 + students of the University of Portsmouth. The Union is based in the centre of Portsmouth and turns over £1.7M per annum, employing approximately 35 career staff and a further 35 student staff. The organisation also works with over 1000 registered student volunteers and has close to 8000 members of sports clubs and societies.
Please note, CVs are not accepted as a form of application, candidates must complete a UPSU application form.
Closing date for applications: (Midday) 19th June 2018
Interviews will be held on date: 10th July 2018