ACA Graduate Training Programme
- Full Time
Are you an aspiring future business and finance leader who is looking to build a career with a recognized employer of choice for investing in young talent ('National Firm of the Year 2016 Winner' at the 2016 British Accountancy Awards)? If that is you then you need to apply for our ACA Graduate Programme which is now open for applications for our September 2018 intake in one of our beautiful office locations in Farnborough and Whiteley (south coast near Southampton and Fareham) in Hampshire.
Our ACA Trainees form part of the Auditing and Accounts/Advisory team and will work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. You will be given the opportunity to gain a strong commercial insight into how organizations work and the challenges they face developing your commercial awareness. As you progress you will be given more responsibility, so that by your second year, for example, you will already be supervising other trainees.
We pay all the costs towards your professional exams including tuition courses, study manuals, textbooks and examination fees for the first sitting. During the three-year trainee programme you'll receive paid study leave to attend all the tuition courses, in addition to your annual holiday.
Your career with Menzies doesn't just stop once you complete your ACA qualification, we want our trainees to be our next generation of senior leaders. Everyone is different and we don't pigeon hole our trainees into one area of the business.
So if you want to develop your career in a specific route whether that's consultancy, forensics, audit, tax, corporate finance, business valuations or accounts then our trainee programmes can offer you multiple pathways. Ongoing training and development is provided throughout your Menzies career as we are passionate about our people and ensuring they are continuously gaining new skills and expertise.
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree (ideally from a business management, accounting and finance, physics, chemistry, engineering, mathematics and economics degree)
- Three A-level passes at grade A-C (ideally with a minimum 300 UCAS points)
- Eight GCSE's including Maths and English, or equivalent
- Passionate about working with people and business owners
- Commercially and strategically minded
- Strong at networking and relationship building
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident to challenge the status quo
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract
- Dynamic and rewarding environment
- Exposure to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors
- Financial sponsorship of your ACA qualification
- A competitive base salary with multiple increases occurring at milestone achievements during the programme
- Generous holiday allowance of 23.5 days a year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working policies (core hours are between 10am and 4.30pm)
- Each office location has agreements with local businesses which offer great discounts
- Learning and development opportunities throughout your Menzies career
- CSR programme and social events - each office will be involved in various charity and sporting activities to help raise the brand profile and give back to the local community
- Employee Assistance Programme - confidential support line, and practical financial and life management advice 24 /7