Alver Services is an established, enthusiastic, close knit application development company looking to expand its team of capable, technically minded individuals. The role on offer involves developing software applications specific to our clients’ needs, primarily in Java in a Spring environment.
The ideal candidate would have previous Java programming experience, strong SQL skills, and an understanding of web based application development and design.
Working in a dynamic environment, the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple engaging projects both individually and collaboratively with the wider team.
Alver Services is an ambitious, growth focused company. The Software Developer opening offers the exciting opportunity to be an integral part of this growth and progress with the company.
- Develop and maintain software & applications using the technologies described below
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to correct ‘bugs’ found during testing and deployment
- Liaise with Quality Assurance team to explain how key features on new applications operate
- Make best endeavours to minimise ‘bugs’ in all code promoted for review by the Quality Assurance team
- High level of Java programming ability
- Capable of working with large, complex applications
- Communicate with technical and non-technical teams
- Implement efficient and effective solutions from design specifications
- Provide accurate estimates of the effort required to complete a task
- Familiar with at least one scripting language
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Knowledge of software testing life cycle is desirable
- Understanding of collaboration tools is desirable
- Waterfall and Agile Experience is desirable
- Produce and maintain high quality documentation
Tools and Packages
- Java (ideally with Spring MVC)
- SQL Server 2016