Web Designer / Developer
ICAAL is an innovative full service digital marketing agency based in superb newly refurbished offices in Southampton’s city centre with plenty of on-site staff parking. Due to continued rapid expansion, we are looking for a talented web designer / front end developer to join our fast growing creative digital team.
ICAAL are proud to be one of the leading agencies in the highly competitive home improvements sector. As an expert consultancy with years of experience, our creative marketing strategies, unique software solutions and unrivalled industry knowledge provide our clients with a distinct competitive advantage and return on investment.
Therefore, the successful applicant will be joining a market leading creative design team, working within an innovative agency with a fast-paced and exciting environment.
ICAAL is also one of the UK’s biggest online lead generators, and we are looking to expand our network of websites into new and exciting verticals as well as niche product markets.
We offer a superb work/life balance, excellent working environment and attractive salary. We actively encourage training and development in order to facilitate career progression.
- Estimate and deliver work on time and within budget
- Create pre-development wireframes and design concepts
- Create stunning website designs with excellent UX and UI
- Design and develop WordPress templates from scratch
- Develop mobile responsive WordPress templates from PSD, XD, Sketch etc.
- Fully test layout and script across all browsers
- Manage and deliver client support tickets
- Setup and configure domains, emails, hosting and MySQL databases
- Update client websites on a monthly basis
- Liaise with clients to fulfil requests and aid project progression
- 2+ yrs demonstrable experience
- Knowledge and experience of HTML 5
- Knowledge and experience of CSS 3
- Knowledge and experience of WordPress
- Knowledge and experience of Adobe CC (Ps & Ai in particular)
- Excellent UX & UI design knowledge and experience
- Knowledge and experience of cross-browser compatibility
- Knowledge and experience of PHP is advantegous
- Knowledge and experience of E-Commerce is advantageous
- Experience using CSS frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation etc.) is advantage
- Knowledge and experience of bespoke CMS development is advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of Joomla is advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of design and code responsive HTML email templates is advantageous
- Familiarity with additional web prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch etc.) is advantageous
- Print design experience (business cards, brochures, flyers etc.) is advantageous
- Circa £25,000 – Salary negotiable dependent on experience
- Attractive modern offices in central Southampton
- Close to central train station and local shops
- On-site staff parking
- Four weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Training and development provided
- Career progression plan
- State of the art modern office equipment