Volunteer Photographer and Event Support
The main purpose of this role will be to support the team to help capture the real essence of the group activities and events we organize and attend.
We are looking for someone who has great photography skills who can capture a moment in time, and then write small articles regarding the activity.
Event support will also be part of this role, giving support as required to any activities taking place such as setting up event stalls, meeting and greeting.
We will provide full training and ongoing support for this role.
Forward Carers is a West Midlands based award-winning social enterprise that prides itself on making a real difference to the lives of carers through working in partnership. We are a carer support service, here to make a real difference to the lives of people caring for an elderly frail, sick or disabled family member. Our aim is simple – to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of carers, young and old, including parent carers, so that families stay healthier and happier together, for longer. As well as offering support to carers direct, we can also advise and support organisations such as public body commissioners, providers, employers, in lots of areas.
Under Forward Carers, Birmingham Carers Hub offers a wide range of support and services to carers in Birmingham including carers assessments, support groups, carers training and much more.
- The main purpose of this role will be to support the team to help capture the real essence of the group activities and events we organize and attend.
- You will need to have some photography experience
- You will need your own photography equipment
- Commitment to the aims and values of Forward Carers.
- Understanding of the issues facing individuals in Caring role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially listening skills.
- Ability to be non-judgmental, self-aware, patient, understanding, flexible, positive and supportive.
- Ability to challenge own assumptions and negativity.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- A commitment to attend training and supervision.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clients.
- Awareness and understanding of the need to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- An understanding of equal opportunities.
- An awareness of health & safety issues in the workplace.
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Will require references
- Your expenses will be covered up to a pre-agreed amount. It would be an advantage if you are able to send in some pictures of your photography work but you are not required to have any professional experience.
- We are particularly keen to hear from volunteers who are carers or ex-carers.
- You will need to be able to travel around the Birmingham area but you do not need to drive.
Please note this opportunity is unpaid, and it is for students who undertake compulsory placements as part of their course. Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. With overseas placements or internships it is worth noting that some companies may charge additional fees and should be thoroughly researched before committing. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities: