Lead from the front, do something that matters, and put other people first. Become a British Army Officer and you’ll get much more from life than you ever would with a civilian career – you’ll become part of a tradition of leadership and selfless service that stretches back hundreds of years.
- Your route to commission starts at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst.
- You’ll learn everything from fundamental skills like outdoor survival and weapons handling, to big-picture military strategy and the theoretical elements of leadership.
- You’ll train alongside fellow cadets from all over the world and make some of the best friends you’ve ever had.
- Take command of up to 30 soldiers upon commissioning
- When you complete the course you’ll commission as a Second Lieutenant, undertake specialist training required for your job, in anything from combat engineering to armoured reconnaissance, and take command of a platoon or troop of soldiers
- Those soldiers will expect a lot from you – which is why Sandhurst will push you harder and further than you ever thought you could go.
- Throughout your career you’ll take part in specialist training courses and study for a wide range of civilian-recognised qualifications as you climb the promotion ladder.
- The physical, mental, and psychological challenges you’ll face aren’t for everyone, but they will instil the resilience you’ll need for a career in the British Army.
- And when you pass out you’ll serve alongside fellow officers who’ve been through the same tests, as part of a regiment or corps built on the beliefs and values you will all share.
- Get 30 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Play sport and enjoy access to world-class gym facilities and training
- Take part in adventurous training activities from skydiving to skiing
- And to keep as fit as your mind, you’ll also be able to gain access to free gym and sports facilities, with world-class fitness and nutritional advice.
- You’ll benefit from the best leadership and management training in the world, a career that will help you make the most of it, and a clear path for promotion. Life as an Army Officer offers people with potential, a focus for their ambition and a place where they can truly belong.
Find where you belong. Become an Army Officer.