Junior Digital Designer
For the previous three years here at the Newsquest Group Design Hub we have worked predominantly on print based projects for a myriad of clients and purposes. However, 2018 is the beginning of our exciting new digital design journey. Therefore, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic and versatile junior digital designer to join the team.
You’ll be working within a fast-paced inspiring multi-media environment, creating predominantly online digital advertising work: MPU’s, banners, buttons, site takeovers, etc. Reporting to the head of the design hub you will work alongside lead designers, taking direction where required.
- Developing relevant and engaging digital concepts
- Contributing ideas, thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Creating designs which are contemporary, conform to best practice and are imaginative and relevant
- Working as part of a team within the design hub
- Maintaining high standards and ensuring only the best work is released to the client.
- Delivering client projects within the agreed timelines.
- A strong portfolio, showcasing proven experience of digital projects that include online advertisement design, web, application or interactive design
- A keen eye for design, showing pixel-perfect attention to detail
- Skills in Adobe CC, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and Animate are essential
- Happy taking guidance and constructive feedback and being keen to learn
- Knowledge and experience of CSS, HTML, WordPress, photography and Final Cut Pro are all advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft packages - Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Some experience with HTML a plus but not compulsory
- Enthusiastic, team player
- A willingness to learn and a 'can do’ attitude