A trusted and credible business in St Albans are looking for a Graphic Designer to help promote their business by developing their brand identity through visual mediums. This role would be ideal for a designer who enjoys applying creative talents to a variety of content including websites, products and services.
You will be doing in-house design work, working with different parts of the business to design and create visual content that promotes the business in an engaging fashion!
- Apply creative skills to a range of materials, ensuring that you work in the brand guidelines (printed brochures, adverts, emails, web graphics, newsletters, exhibitions etc.)
- Work with different parts of the business to develop graphic designs across all media to meet the needs of the business.
- Managing design projects, ensuring you work within time and budget
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure cost effective designs are implemented
- Managing the full cycle of the design project, whilst maintaining relationships with printers
- Photo retouching and colour correction for artwork
- Maintain an archive of design work for easy access
- Assist the marketing team with ad hoc projects/events as required
- Previous experience in graphic design is essential, specifically as an in-house designer
- Previous experience with photography and video production/editing is an advantage
- Previous experience working with print coordination would be desirable
- Studied Design to a degree level (or equivalent)
- Expert user of Mac (OS 10+)
- Expert designs skills using Adobe Creative Cloud software including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and preferably also Quark. Adobe Flash would be an advantage
- Effective communication and organisation skills
- Skilled relationship management skills as well as the ability to work within a team