Service Development Assistant
This role may be of particular interest to university students interested in a placement opportunity as part of their university course.
BBC Audience Services is the department responsible for managing contact with the BBCs audience in liaison with its outsourced partner Capita, who manage the contact centre operation in Belfast. The contact centre deals with a wide variety of audience contacts enquiries, complaints, appreciations, requests for tickets for BBC shows, tour bookings, donations for charity appeals, help with receiving BBC TV and radio and other services via phone, email and letter.
- To assist in the continued development of the processes and systems used by our supplier and the BBC as part of the BBC Audience Services contract. To assist with administrative duties where relevant.
- To grow and develop skills by helping with projects and service development initiatives in conjunction with the Service Development teams in BBC Audience Services and our supplier.
- To assist with ad hoc queries and issues, liaising with the appropriate teams in BBC Audience Services, our supplier, and the wider BBC, to respond to queries and resolve issues.
- To provide project management support.
- To troubleshoot ad-hoc queries/issues raised by the BBC Audience Services team, working with the BBC Service Development Team to perform root cause analysis and implement fixes/solutions in liaison with our supplier.
- To work with the BBC Service Development Team and the wider BBC Audience Services team to embed strategic changes in the operation and turn development initiatives into sustained operational reality.
- To work with internal and external colleagues, stakeholders and partners to ensure smooth communication and effective outputs from projects and initiatives.
- To build effective relationships with colleagues in BBC Audience Services, the wider BBC and our supplier.
- To comply with all relevant BBC safety rules, procedures and guidelines. To be aware of responsibilities under the BBC safety policy.
- Administrative experience, e.g. using databases/systems, working in a project team.
- An appreciation of the broadcasting market and the role of the BBC within it, and knowledge of the BBC’s products and services.
- An understanding and appreciation of customer service, and a desire to ensure Licence Fee payers get quality and value when they contact the BBC.
- Analytical skills and a creative approach to problem solving, in particular the ability to extract key facts from a situation, make informed decisions and translate these to effective actions. Attention to detail is very important in this role.
- Effective IT skills: familiarity with appropriate applications - Word, Excel and PowerPoint; the ability to manipulate datasets, or with analytical tools/software (i.e. Cognos, Microsoft Dynamics) is not essential but would be an advantage.
- Ability to pick up and apply knowledge quickly and effectively.
- Proactive approach and ability to work without close supervision.
- Open to change – responds flexibly to new challenges. Keen to seek out new ways of doing things.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.