The purpose of this role is to work within the Digital Marketing team to deliver best in class creative and design assets to support the marketing and promotion of our programmes and brands globally. The work of the Junior Digital Designer will be used by local and international teams to engage with audience's and drive attribution to the BBC Masterbrand across a wide variety of digital platforms including those managed by BBC Studios teams and by 3rd party commercial partners.
The role will work on a broad range of creative including video, motion graphics, social media assets, CRM email and advertising in paid and owned media, ensuring a compelling, engaging but consistent tone and look and feel throughout. You will be working with the breadth and depth of BBC content, across multiple brands and regions.
The role will be fast, creative and varied depending on priorities of the team at any specific time. You will be able and keen to review effectiveness of creative executions and respond to results.
You will have a good understanding of consumer brands and strong experience in design and production; you will think strategically and be an inspiring and creative person in every sense.
- Manage the digital application of brand guidelines and ensure delivery of a consistent look and feel throughout all creative delivery
- Create marketing assets for digital activity across multiple platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and email
- Create design for CRM emails working with the internal CRM team. Continue to develop design on an ongoing basis to achieve optimum results responding to engagement levels and results
- With the marketing team review success of creative campaign assets and adapt where relevant
- Strong creative concepts and delivery
- Experience in interpreting briefs and developing a concept to suit the purpose
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief
- Experience of programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Experience in print and digital design
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Knowledge of production of marketing assets both print and digital
- Experience of email newsletter creation and systems (desirable)
- Competence in video editing and motion graphics (desirable)
- Design/Art based tertiary education
- Design experience, with specific experience in digital