BFI NETWORK Coordinator
The BFI NETWORK Coordinator is instrumental in the continuity and growth of the many exciting BFI NETWORK partnerships, and ensures the smooth delivery of key BFI NETWORK outreach activity throughout the year. The Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the BFI NETWORK website and social media output; including creating original content, managing the short film commissions, and works closely with the BFI’s digital team to forward plan and develop the site.
This role also provides full support to the Talent Development Manager across the BFI NETWORK activities. Marketing and communication of BFI NETWORK activities will also be a big part of this role, including the coordination of information relating to projects, events and activities between the BFI NETWORK partners and the BFI Film Fund.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of the BFI NETWORK online platform – including managing the website budget.
- Ensure daily information and relevant news updates are on the site in a timely manner.
- Create and monitor social media output and feedback, maintaining tone of voice across all socials and website pages.
- Work with partners and freelancers to curate and come up with ideas for content for the site such as interviews, podcasts, masterclasses, etc.
- Manage the website member and industry spaces, and communications.
- Work closely with the BFI Digital Team and selected Digital agency on enhancements and new feature requests for the platform.
- Develop good management information processes.
- All administration of NETWORK wide activity, including full support of the Talent Development Manager.
- Work closely with the OPPs team on monitoring and reporting of NETWORK activity across the UK.
- Coordinate BFI NETWORK commissioning procedure; from selection of filmmakers, to application and funding, through to delivery of completed shorts.
- Coordinate key events through the year including, BFI NETWORK at LFF, events with the British Council, BAFTA etc.
- Oversee BFI NETWORK presence at festivals throughout the year including panels, marketing etc.
- Oversee BFI NETWORK presence and connectivity between BFI Education events and schemes throughout the year, including Film Academy and Future Film.
- Monitor UK-wide talent including Post room submissions, BFI NETWORK-funded filmmakers, etc.
- Carry out all responsibilities in a way which supports the BFI brand values of ‘Approachable, Inspiring and Responsive’.
- Be a supportive and good team player, supporting others where you can, and actively participating in team meetings, events and the induction and training of new team members.
- Promote and support diversity and inclusion through all activities.
- Be an ambassador for the BFI through maintaining a professional approach at all times.
- At all times carry out responsibilities with due regard to the BFI’s policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other activities that may be reasonably required.
- GCSE Mathematics and English or equivalent experience.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills and ideally, other tools such as Photoshop.
- A good understanding of digital technology and social media and the ability to learn the technical aspects of the role.
- An understanding of the opportunities and challenges faced by emerging UK film talent.
- Experience of working on big projects and ideally event managements.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Experience of marketing and its application to online communications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise deadlines and deal with a wide range of contacts effectively.
- A demonstrable knowledge about British independent film and film talent, and the adjacent creative sectors and an interest in the practical aspects involved in filmmaking from business affairs to physical production.
- The aptitude to carry out all activities supporting our brand values of Approachable, Inspiring and Responsive.
- A demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion whilst carrying out all responsibilities.
- A commitment to continual professional development.
- At the BFI we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees including:-
- BFI pension scheme
- 28-33 days paid annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Support for working families: generous contribution to childcare costs; childcare vouchers; enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental pay
- We promote and support flexible working
- Our Employee Assistance Programme provides advice and support for employees and their key family members across all life events
- Free tickets to BFI Southbank screenings and events plus access to other BFI Events
- Loan Schemes such as season ticket and computer purchase
- Ride to Work Scheme
- £100 towards annual Health Club Membership
- Sight and Sound Magazine
- 35% employee discount on all food across BFI Benugo outlets, and 20% staff discount on alcohol
- 70% employee discount on BFI DVDs, 50% on books and merchandise plus 20% off other items at BFI Filmstore
- 40% employee discount on all retail, including upstairs concessions, at BFI IMAX – Odeon