Programme and Guest Assistant
Working as an integral part of the BFI London Film Festival Programme & Guest Team, this role will support the team in its delivery of a world-class Festival for all attending filmmaker guests, and programme support in the run-up to the Festival.
The Programme & Guest Assistant will work in confirming Festival titles, providing guest and admin support leading up to and during the Festival, delivering film materials across departments, and compiling and maintaining accurate information for Festival databases, website and printed programme.
As the main point of contact for allocated filmmaker guests in attendance, the Programme & Guest Assistant ensures that a high standard of service is delivered to our invited filmmakers.
- Ensure data entered on the Programme database, the Invited database, and in the Daily schedules is clean, accurate and up-to-date.
- Support administration related to the Short Film Advisory panel including tracking submissions and updating programme notes.
- Act as point of contact in assisting all Short Filmmakers with films in the Festival.
- Assist the Programme & Guest Team with open submission entries, queries, or requests.
- Support the Programme & Guest Team on all proofing rounds for the Festival Programme.
- Liaise with the Marketing Team Assistant to ensure publicity materials have arrived and are checked in on database.
- Assist and guide the Accreditation Assistants in all communications regarding Filmmaker Accreditation, and assist in the production and delivery of filmmaker badges and welcome packs.
- Support the Festival Team with compilation of guest lists for activities including the Press Launch, and Opening and Closing nights, networking, industry and social events.
- Support the Programme & Guest Team with compiling lists of attending Filmmakers and guest lists for their Festival screenings.
- Assist the Hospitality Team in putting together and distributing welcome bags for Filmmaker Guests.
- Run weekly reports on Filmmaker Guests attending the Festival in the lead up to and during the Festival.
- Meet Filmmakers, ensure they arrive at their screenings, introductions and Q&As and are clear on ticketing procedures.
- Liaise with the BFI Web Team and Marketing Team about necessary changes to information for filmmakers on the Festival website.
- Liaise with Programmers, Cars Team, Accreditation Team and Hospitality Team to ensure information is clear and up-to-date regarding filmmaker attendance at screenings and events.
- Work with Programme & Guest Coordinators in servicing all filmmakers who attend the Festival in a helpful and knowledgeable manner.
- Provide a wrap report to the Programme and Filmmaker Services Manager for allotted areas together with Festival facts and figures as requested.
- Attend daily Festival meetings and review information on Festival Daily schedules to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist with general office administration including answering telephones and responding to general enquiries.
- Demonstrable experience of working on a film festival or similar event in a guest services role.
- Knowledge of the international film industry and the UK distribution scene.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and to manage and meet changing deadlines.
- Great attention to detail and understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels.
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of FileMaker Pro, Artifax or similar database systems would be preferable.
- A proactive and customer focused approach delivered within a best practice framework.
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and its practical application and integration in the work environment.
- As this role is part of the Festivals team you will be required to work to a shift rota which is locally set by the Department.
At the BFI we offer a wide range of benefits to our employees including:-
- BFI pension scheme
- 28-33 days paid annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Support for working families: generous contribution to childcare costs; childcare vouchers; enhanced maternity, paternity and shared parental pay
- We promote and support flexible working
- Our Employee Assistance Programme provides advice and support for employees and their key family members across all life events
- Free tickets to BFI Southbank screenings and events plus access to other BFI Events
- Loan Schemes such as season ticket and computer purchase
- Ride to Work Scheme
- £100 towards annual Health Club Membership
- Sight and Sound Magazine
- 35% employee discount on all food across BFI Benugo outlets, and 20% staff discount on alcohol
- 70% employee discount on BFI DVDs, 50% on books and merchandise plus 20% off other items at BFI Filmstore
- 40% employee discount on all retail, including upstairs concessions, at BFI IMAX – Odeon