Ageas, one of the UK’s top insurance companies, is looking for a Press Officer with a proven track record to join their content hungry communications team in Eastleigh, Hampshire. This role will suit someone with excellent writing and networking skills and a nose for what makes a good news story.
The successful press officer will act as the main point of contact for the media, strengthening the reputation of Ageas through all appropriate media channels by working closely with the three main areas of the business; Broker, Direct and Partnerships.
- To create and deliver pro-active media activity that raises awareness of Ageas and its sub-brands.
- Support the development of media strategies / campaigns and deliver the associated media activities.
- Manage and respond to reactive media enquiries from national, broadcast and specialist media with clear, calm efficiency.
- Ensure media monitoring activity offers effective evaluation and provides the business with an essential early warning system to mitigate threats.
- Monitor and respond to the news agenda – pitching Ageas as an authority on key insurance issues.
- Proven experience of working in media relations or journalism, ideally in a regulated sector.
- Excellent writing skills, including grammar and punctuation.
- Experience of working in a corporate environment and / or large company as an external consultant.
- A consummate self-starter, able to take the initiative and work well with minimal direction.
- Ability to make effective decisions, often under pressure, excellent organisation skills to ensure work is delivered accurately and on time.
- Real team player and ambassador for the team and Ageas who motivates, engages and supports others.
- A comprehensive range of flexible benefits options such as a company pension, 23 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days (you can buy or sell up to 5 days), a car lease scheme, life assurance, and an annual bonus.
- Our people enjoy discounts on company products and with a wide range of retailers & gyms.