Student Employability Adviser
This is a chance to join Solent Futures, Solent University's innovative careers service. You will be part of a team supporting students and graduates to achieve their career ambitions, whether that is a graduate level job, post-graduate study or starting their own business.
You will be responsible for managing the university's placement app and liaising with students, staff and employers to ensure that placements approved and appropriate risk assessments completed. You will also work on the advice desk providing information and advice to students and graduates. Solent Futures also organise a number of events, workshops and other initiatives and you will work with the wider team to ensure that these are planned, organised and delivered efficiently.
- Act as the first point of contact for students face-to-face and through email. Inform and advise students and as appropriate signpost to additional resources, e.g. online, workshops and other resources, in addition to signposting to more intensive guidance.
- Plan and deliver student employability workshops and other training sessions as required.
- Assist in the planning, delivery and review of our annual placement and graduate fair
- Manage the work placement app and follow up on queries related to the app including liaising with placement providers.
- Liaise with Insurance and Health and Safety teams to ensure that the processes and procedures are appropriate and current
- Promote the placement app to academic staff and students
- Maintain employer, student and graduate records and reports using CRM, in-house databases and Excel.
- Research, analyse and explain careers, student employment and labour market information in order to support students, groups and other professionals.
- Supervision of students where employed by the team.
- Keep up to date with legislation and labour market information, and understand the implications for students of employment law, tax and national insurance.
- Assist in the development of reports and service publications by maintaining statistical records, and using the relevant student records and databases.
- Knowledge of students and graduate labour market intelligence, the range of available employability opportunities and challenges facing them through their time at university.
- Successful experience of customer service and of working with clients, public, students and employers.
- Evidence of successful administrative experience.
- Experience of working within Higher Education or within a Job Centre, careers service or employment agency is desirable
- Experience of working on events
- Presentation and one-to-one communication skills
- Proven use if IT
- Ability to research and analyse data from a range of sources